Clear Note Widget v1.9, 10.02.2013
New changes for Clear Note Widget 1.9!
Clear Note Widget v1.8, 02.06.2013
- A 1x1 Note Widget is now available! Use it wisely.
- Notes with a clear background now have a black text color in the Note Editor. This is helpful for users who were using a very light text color (such as white) with a clear background.
- The default button label text color is black. Updated to make the buttons a little more readable overall.
- Top padding on Note Widgets has been reduced slightly to line up with other side/bottom padding.
- Note Widgets can now be resized down to 1x1 (and up to a maximum size of the entire screen). Due to the way Android 3.1/3.2 handled minimum widget widths, note widgets could not be resized smaller than the initial size. However, Android 4.0+ introduced a separate property that allowed widgets to be correctly resized. Hooray!
Clear Note Widget 1.8 brings a couple of new features and bug fixes:
Clear Note Widget v1.7, 01.27.2013
- The default editor font size can now be changed! By default, the font is set to 16 point, but can be changed to a number of available sizes, or set to Automatic - this links your editor font size to your widget text font size and works well as a preview.
- The text scaling has been changed, and the default font sizes should now be larger than before.
- The default background is now Clear (as opposed to White, which may be confusing since the app is called...Clear Note Widget...). To make sure that the widget is still visible, the default widget title color is now dark green with grey text. This should stand out more for users with dark backgrounds.
- The Send icon has been tweaked slightly and should now be vertically centered.
Version 1.7 is a fix for all 3.1+ devices. Read on for more juicy details...
Clear Note Widget v1.6, 01.26.2013
- A feature that allowed Clear Note Widget to show up as a single resizable widget 3.1+ devices has been reverted after causing current widgets to fail - note: your notes have not been deleted! But you will have to recreate your widgets - sorry!
Clear Note Widget v1.5, 01.11.2013
- Clear Note Widget has been split into two different projects, one for devices running Android 3.1 and newer, and another for all devices older than that. The reason for this change is to take advantage of newer SDK features that require the user to have Honeycomb. Both versions will still be completely supported.
- Widgets can now be individually resized and should only take up one spot in the widget menu (note - this feature has been rescinded after issues with current widgets...yikes!).
- As part of the new changes for Android 3.1+ devices, Clear Note should be much friendlier to tablet users - you can access important menu options in the Action Bar if your device does not have a physical Menu button.
- There were other cool features in 1.6, but since I'm writing this a bit late, I've actually forgotten most of them.
The first update of 2013 brings a bug fix for crashes when trying to access the Settings option in the Clear Note Widget application (aka the Notes List). Bye!
Clear Note Widget v1.4, 11.13.2012
Happy holidays! Clear Note Widget version 1.4 comes to you with a new, often-requested feature - the ability to set your various widget settings as the default! There's also the addition of several new "bright" colors, along with some bug fixes.
Clear Note Widget v1.3, 04.18.2012
- Your favorite widget background, colors, and font sizes can now be saved as the default when creating a new widget! To use this feature, simply head to the Settings page for any widget and check off the appropriate Set as Default box. You can also change the current defaults on the Notes List Settings page.
- A new bright color palette (red, orange, green, blue, and violet) is now available for widget backgrounds and text colors.
- Bug fixes: Losing focus (by pressing Home or receiving a call) at the decryption screen no longer causes an unreadable encrypted note, and losing focus on an empty Note Editor screen no longer saves a blank note.
1.3 brings a better sticky note previewing ability - the Note Editor will change background and headings to match your current widget's color settings. There's also an updated help system, with new tutorials for Ice Cream Sandwich users (adding widgets to the home screen in ICS is a little different from previous versions)!
Clear Note Widget v1.2, 03.19.2012
- The widget Note Editor screen now uses the currently-selected background and text colors as the background and headings (widget only).
- Updated tutorials are now available. Ice Cream Sandwich users will see ICS-specific tutorials to show the slightly different method of adding widgets to the home screen.
- The Settings and Send Note options are reversed; Settings is now the first menu option in the Note Editor.
- The About menu option in the Note Editor is now Rate! and links to the Clear Note Widget market page (please rate and review this app!). You can still find the About option in the Note List.
As of 1.2, you can now create regular (non-sticky, non-widget, etc) notes that can be encrypted and password-protected! There's also a neat Send Note feature that lets you share your notes with the rest of the world via email, text message, or any other supported clients on your phone. See below for all of the nitty-gritty details!
Clear Note Widget v1.1, 12.27.2012
- You can now create regular, non-widget notes (these notes can be accessed by running the Clear Note Widget application - NOT by adding a new widget!)
- Non-widget notes can be encrypted with a password: in the Note Editor, tap the Menu key and select Encryption to use it!
- You now have the option to send notes. Simply long-press the note when browsing the Note List or tap the Menu key in the Note Editor.
- Two new widget backgrounds are now available: Sticky Note and Ice Cream Sandwich.
- The Notes List is now slightly transparent with different sliding animations.
- Widgets are now slightly less transparent (more contrast with darker backgrounds) and have smaller corners (looks better).
- There are new updates to the help dialogs and quick tips.
Yep, you read that right! Clear Note Widget received its first update at the end of December, bringing with it some sorely-needed color choosers (preview colors in the color chooser instead of going back-and-forth between the Settings screens and your widgets), some quick fixes, more colors, and improved step-by-step tutorials. Some of the code was tightened up, which may result in a slight (but probably unnoticeable) improvement in performance.
- You can now preview sticky note colors in the background and text color menus
- Blank titles no longer take up space in note widgets
- Quick tips are displayed in the Note Editor and Note List screens
- There are several new colors available, and the background color menu now lets you select the same colors from the text color menu
- Slightly improved sticky note performance
- Step-by-step help instructions and some text labels were tweaked and updated